Just last night I called my mom who I hadn’t talked to in over a week and caught up. I complained to her about being bored and miserable in summer school how I wished I could just be home already.
And then this morning, I got a wake-up call.
A fellow Baylor Bear and friend died in a car accident this morning. I do not know the details, nor can I even say I really know or rather knew her, but I do know that it is shaking me to the core. Emily and I ran in the same social crowd I guess you could say. A beautiful girl, beautiful smile, always up for a good time, I liked seeing her around. I just saw her last Thursday at dinner in fact.
The mood around the world has been somewhat morbid recently with the passing of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett(not that they are of real importnace to me) and now the passing of Emily has only made it surreal. To think it was just a normal day... get up for school, drive to class, don’t think twice about it. Then not make it to class, not make it home, and not get the chance to say good-bye.
Though death happens to us all, situations like this make me ask ‘why?’ Why, God, should this young woman have to die? Why today? Why in a car wreck? Why now? WHY!?
There are no answers. There is only hope that you can live each day like it is your last, say I love you when you get the chance, and be the best person you can because life is short and life is precious, don’t let it pass you by.
RIP Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment